Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
January 16, 2008
1. The main character in my book Beautiful Stranger is Anna. She is a beautiful, confident and intelligent girl from the east cost. Her parents are divorced he mom lives in New York and her dad moved to Los Angles. She went to Los Angles to be with her friend Sam, i mean to visit her dad, and also to reinvent herself. Then she met Ben, her friened Cammie's ex boyfriend, in
2. A main event was when Anna was torn between Ben and Logan. She left
3. The setting of this book is very versatile taking you from one end of the United States to the other.
4. Another main character is Sam. She is a bit insecure and has a low self esteem because of her looks. She has been dating a guy named Eduardo for a while. She was expecting for him to break up with her, but she received the surprise of a lifetime and he purposed to Sam. This boosted her self esteem in many ways.
5. A motif in Beautiful Stranger is ulterior motives. For example Sam has an ulterior motive for going to New York she told Anna she was going to go to comfort her and to get away from L.A.’s crazy life but in reality she just wanted to go to spy on her fiancé, Eduardo, and see if he’s really on a business trip. Cammie also has ulterior motives for financing Ben on his dreams of owning a night club she wants to get back together with him because she has just broken up with a boyfriend and it hurt her deeply so she wanted to feel better about her self by hanging out with Ben and thinking as little possible about her ex boyfriend.
6. Cammie is another friend of Sam and Anna’s she grew up in Los Angles and is extremely wealthy. She dated Ben before Anna and broke up with him (that’s when Anna started to date him). Ben had an amazing idea of a club with a complete vision in mind that needed to be funded. After he broke up with Anna he started to seek Cammie’s company again he pitched the idea to her and it flew. She took millions of dollars out of her trust fund to back him and to build Bye, Bye, Love nightclub. It was a huge success not only financially but personally considering they got back together after the venture.
7. Money is a plays a big role in this book. Everyone has money they basically live and breathe money. All the characters in the book are shaped by their money and their lives are focused around their money. It’s very Edina like except for like Edina time 10.
8. A motif in this book is living you life a pre determined life. Like, for example Anna had always known she wanted to go to Yale and she finally got in but Ben shot her down by telling her she was just living out her patents’ dreams and not her own he also told her that she was not her own person and that made her doubt her self. That’s when
9. The plot of my book Beautiful Stranger by Zoey Dean. It is about two girls who get board of
10. Another reoccuring theme in this book is like in math a negative for a positive. For example Anna lost Cammie as a friend because she was manipulative. But she gained Logan who is the love of her life. In the end the things worked out for her although it left me in suspense.
Monday, December 17, 2007
invigorating:Producing or stimulating physical, mental, or emotional vigor. pg 85
Ebola virus:An extremely contagious filovirus causing an acute, usually fatal hemorrhagic fever and spread through contact with bodily fluids of infected persons and by airborne particles. pg 92